Equity Crowdfunding (ECF)
Read more on
Not an investor? Go to Issuers page
What Are the Types of Investors I Can Sign Up As?
The Securities Commission Malaysia has divided investors into three categories: retail investors, angel investors, and sophisticated investors. The investment limit for each category is based on specific income and asset levels:
- Interested in supporting and potentially benefitting from start-ups or small businesses.
- An individual who is not an angel or sophisticated investor.
- An individual who is a tax resident in Malaysia and whose total net personal assets exceed RM3 million or its equivalent in foreign currencies.
- An individual whose gross total annual income is not less than RM 180,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies in the preceding 12 months.
- An individual who, jointly with his or her spouse, has a gross total annual income exceeding RM 250,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies in the preceding 12 months.
- An individual who falls within any of the categories of investors set out in Part 1, Schedule 6 and 7 of the Capital Market Services Act (CMSA) 2007.
- An individual who acquires any of the capital market product or Islamic capital market product offered or traded on a recognized market where the consideration is not less than RM250,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies for each transaction whether such amount is paid for in cash or otherwise.
- There are 3 categories of sophisticated investors; Accredited investors, high-net worth entities, and high-net worth individuals. You can find more detailed information regarding each category of sophisticated investors on the Securities Commission's website.