Ribbon Asia No. 1 (Rent a Local Friend) Social & Culture Experience App! 😊
- RM 217,50087% of the Min.Target (RM 250,000)
- RM 70,000Largest Investment
- 30 daysLeft to Go
- Equity - OS
- ~ up to 13.79%
- RM 12,500,000
- RM 250,000
- RM 2,000,000
- Unique: We are the first and biggest - paid social networking app in Malaysia, with expansion into Singapore and Taiwan
- Growing Market: Social networking apps are in high demand and the market continues to expand each year
- Perfect Timing: With the pandemic receding and people returning to travel and social activities, now is the ideal time to invest.
Here are five concise reasons why we should invest in Ribbon:
1. Unique: We are the first and biggest - paid social networking app in Malaysia, with expansion into Singapore and Taiwan. (42,000 users, 10,000 verified users, and 2,600 hosts)
2. Growing Market: Social networking apps are in high demand and the market continues to expand each year.
3. Perfect Timing: With the pandemic receding and people returning to travel and social activities, now is the ideal time to invest.
4. International Potential: As a social app, Ribbon has the capability to go global, offering unlimited growth opportunities.
5. Diversified Profit Channels: In addition to the core rent-a-friend feature, we have multiple revenue streams for sustained profitability.
Ribbon (Momoda Marketing Sdn. Bhd.) was founded in 2020 by a team of 5 with more than 10 years of experience in social media and marketing. The company's core business revolves around the operation of a mobile networking application called Ribbon.
Ribbon is the first and biggest cultural exchange social mobile app available on iOS, Android, and Huawei devices that aims to provide a more positive and personalized social media experience. Ribbon was launched in 2021 and has gained popularity among users who are looking for an alternative to traditional social media platforms. Ribbon had attracted more than 42,000 users in 1 year and there was a user who earned more than RM 10,000 per month through our Ribbon app.
Mumu Ngui is the founder of Ribbon, a social app designed to connect users with shared interests and hobbies. He is also the founder of Muu Entertainment, a Bigo Live agency. With a passion for social media and online communities, Mumu has amassed a large following on platforms like YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram. Prior to starting Ribbon, he led a team of over 300 live streamers as the former team leader of 17 Live MY BD. Through his work in the world of social media and online communities, Mumu is dedicated to helping people connect with others and build meaningful relationships based on shared interests and passions.
Meet the founder, Mumu Ngui, to learn more about Ribbon and its growth potential: https://calendly.com/mumugalleries/ribbon-s-ecf-pitching
Mumu Ngui's passion for socializing and building online communities started with his desire to improve his own travel experiences. As an avid traveler, he often found that his expectations did not match the reality of his trips, leaving him feeling disappointed. It was during these moments of frustration that he had the idea for Ribbon. He realized that having a local tour guide could drastically improve the travel experience by providing valuable insights on the best times to visit, the best food to eat, and the best hotels to stay in.
Ribbon aims to address social isolation by providing a platform for people to connect with others who share their interests and passions. Social isolation can be caused by a variety of factors, such as living in a new place where you don't know anyone, struggling to find people who share your hobbies, or simply feeling disconnected from your community.
By using Ribbon, users can discover and connect with others who have similar interests, share travel experiences, and build meaningful relationships based on common ground. Ribbon's focus on community-building and social interaction provides users with a sense of belonging and helps to combat social isolation by fostering a sense of connection with others.
Ribbon can be particularly helpful when traveling to a new country or city where you may not be familiar with the local customs or hidden gems.
Through the app, users can connect with local experts who can provide insider tips on the best places to visit, eat, and stay. These local experts can share their knowledge of the area's culture and history, and provide recommendations that may not be easily found in guidebooks or online. Ribbon also allows users to connect with other travelers who share similar interests and passions, making it easier to find like-minded companions for exploring new places. Overall, Ribbon helps users navigate unfamiliar territory and make the most of their travel experiences.
Ribbon takes safety and security seriously and has implemented several measures to protect users from social scams and other potential risks.
Firstly, all users must go through a verification process, which involves submitting a photo of their government-issued ID, as well as a selfie to confirm their identity. This helps to ensure that all users are who they say they are, and reduces the likelihood of fake profiles or catfishing.
Secondly, Ribbon has a rating and review system that allows users to rate their experiences with other users. This provides transparency and accountability, as users can see the ratings and reviews of potential travel companions before deciding to connect with them. Additionally, Ribbon provides safety tips and guidelines for users, such as avoiding sharing personal information and meeting in public places. The app also has a reporting system that allows users to report any suspicious or inappropriate behavior.
Ribbon Apps Feature
Ribbon is centered around interests and hobbies, allowing users to connect with others who share similar passions. Users can create a profile and select from a list of interests, such as cooking, gardening, music, sports, and more. They can also add their own interests to the list.
Once a user has selected their interests, they will see a personalized feed of content related to those interests. This includes photos, videos, and articles shared by other users on the app. Users can like, comment on, and share this content, as well as follow other users who share their interests.
Ribbon also features a chat function, where users can communicate with each other in real time. This allows users to connect with others who share their interests and discuss their passions with like-minded individuals.
Unique Selling Point
Ribbon stands out from other social media platforms and cultural exchange apps due to its unique features and value proposition. Here are some reasons why Ribbon is unique:
1. The first paid social networking App: Unlike other conventional social networking apps that are free, Ribbon sets itself apart. It means there are fewer fake or scammer accounts. As Ribbon is a paid platform, the users who join are of high quality. They also have professional services to offer. With Ribbon, you can not only make new friends and expand your social network but also have the opportunity to turn your passions into a profitable career. Your time and value are cherished here.
2. Cultural exchange focus: Ribbon is specifically designed to facilitate cultural exchange between users from different countries and backgrounds. It provides a platform for users to learn about different cultures, share their own cultural experiences, and foster cross-cultural understanding.
3. Local insights and experiences: Ribbon's emphasis on connecting users with local hosts provides a unique opportunity for travelers to gain authentic local insights and experiences. By connecting with knowledgeable locals, users can discover hidden gems, explore local traditions, and make their travel experiences more enriching.
4. Supportive and positive community: Ribbon strives to create a supportive and positive online community. By encouraging meaningful interactions and discouraging negative behavior, Ribbon aims to provide a safe and uplifting environment for users to connect and share their experiences.
5. In-app event planning and booking: Ribbon offers convenient in-app features for users to plan and book events, making it easier for users to organize and participate in cultural activities, local tours, and meetups.
Ribbon has garnered a total of approximate downloads, with the majority coming from the Google Play Store at 52.9%, followed by the Apple App Store at 28.6%, and the Huawei AppGallery at 18.6%. Out of the 42,000 downloads, around 10,000 users have passed the e-KYC process, while 2,500 have registered as hosts. The app has an active user base of 3,800, which represents 38% of users who have passed the e-KYC process. Ribbon's engagement rate is also noteworthy, with each user averaging 3.8 sessions per month and spending around 16 minutes on the app monthly. Ribbon currently has around 200 booking sessions per month, each with an average value of RM 250, which shows significant potential for growth in the future.
The above examples are real sessions of Ribbon users, showcasing the diverse ways in which Ribbon is utilized. Users have leveraged Ribbon to book group outings for birthday celebrations, find jogging partners for fitness activities, engage in business discussions with accomplished entrepreneurs featured in Forbes' 30 under 30 lists, and organize board game sessions with newly acquainted friends. These instances highlight the versatility and wide-ranging possibilities that Ribbon offers its users.
From time to time, Ribbon plans to organize seasonal events such as playing badminton with Chan Peng Soon, collaborating with cinemas and expeditions to offer free tickets, and providing discounts on concert tickets.
Ribbon utilizes content marketing as an additional marketing strategy. Interestingly, the founders of Ribbon also serve as the creators of numerous social media pages boasting a substantial following. Through these social media channels, Ribbon shares user reviews and experiences, sharing insights, and stories about the interactions between Ribbon users and hosts.
Ribbon's business model is primarily based on commission fees from connecting travelers with local experts. When a traveler books a tour or activity through the app, Ribbon takes a percentage of the booking fee as a commission. Local experts set their own prices, and Ribbon also takes a percentage of their earnings. Additionally, Ribbon may earn revenue through partnerships and collaborations with local businesses like travel companies, restaurants, cafes, and cinemas.
Ribbon also offers a premium subscription service for users who want access to additional features and perks, such as priority booking and personalized travel planning services. The subscription model provides a steady stream of revenue for the company and encourages users to engage with the app on an ongoing basis.
Ribbon has set some ambitious goals for growth in the coming years. By June 2023, the company aims to reach a total of 50,000 downloads by launching the app in Malaysia, Singapore, and Taiwan. Along with this, Ribbon also plans to generate monthly revenue of RM 100,000.
Moving forward, the company has set a goal to reach 100,000 total downloads by June 2024, which is a significant increase from the current number of downloads. By June 2026, the aim is to have 500,000 downloads, and by December 2028, Ribbon plans to launch the app globally and reach 1,500,000 downloads. These goals demonstrate the company's confidence in its product and its potential for growth in the social networking and tourism markets.
5 years Financial Projection
Based on research into the market size for cultural exchange social apps, it has been estimated that the market size in Malaysia, Taiwan, and Singapore alone is worth RM 3.21 billion. When looking at the wider Asian market, this figure increases significantly to RM 34.66 billion. Furthermore, the global market for cultural exchange social apps is estimated to be worth a staggering RM 408 billion.
These figures are based on an assumed usage rate of 1% of smartphone users, with each user spending an average of RM 250 per session, and engaging in two sessions per month. With the growing trend of cultural exchange and interest in unique travel experiences, there is significant potential for Ribbon to capture a significant portion of this market, and become a leading player in the cultural exchange social app space.
With its focus on cultural exchange and connecting travelers with local hosts, Ribbon is well-positioned to tap into the growing market for cultural exchange social apps, both in Asia and globally. The research shows that this market is expected to continue to grow at a healthy rate, creating opportunities for companies like Ribbon to expand their user base and revenue streams.
Moreover, Ribbon's unique approach to advertising through partnering with local businesses also offers the potential for increased revenue streams beyond its core business model. With a vast and growing market for social networking apps, Ribbon has the potential to become a major player in the industry, offering value to both travelers and local businesses alike.
Ribbon stands out from traditional social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram in several ways. Unlike Facebook and Instagram, Ribbon focuses on interests and hobbies, allowing users to connect with others who share similar passions and receive personalized content related to their interests.
Additionally, Ribbon provides a more positive and supportive social media experience, with a focus on connecting users with like-minded individuals. In contrast, Facebook and Instagram can be more competitive and negative, with users often comparing themselves to others and striving for likes and followers. Finally, while Facebook and Instagram rely heavily on advertising revenue, Ribbon is still a relatively new app and does not display ads on the platform. Overall, Ribbon offers a unique and refreshing alternative to traditional social media platforms.
Oh My Oppa and Rent Kano are both culturally exchanged social apps similar to Ribbon. However, these 2 platforms are more dating focus as compared to Ribbon.
While both Ribbon and dating apps can be used for socializing and meeting new people, they have different approaches and focuses.
Dating apps typically have a specific goal of facilitating romantic connections between users. They often use algorithms to match users based on their interests, preferences, and geographical proximity. Users are generally expected to indicate their relationship status, preferred gender, and the desired type of relationship on their profile. The focus of dating apps is on finding a compatible romantic partner, although some apps may also cater to other types of relationships.
Ribbon, on the other hand, is a social app that aims to connect users with others who share similar interests and hobbies. It is designed to help users build friendships and participate in group activities rather than just finding a romantic partner. The app allows users to join or create interest-based groups and events, and users can connect with others who share their interests.
Another difference is in the way these apps operate. While dating apps tend to prioritize individual user profiles and matches, Ribbon focuses more on group activities and events. Users on Ribbon are encouraged to join or create groups centered around shared interests, and the app also features a calendar of events and activities that users can participate in. This approach fosters a sense of community and encourages users to participate in group activities and socialize with others who share their interests.
In summary, while dating apps primarily focus on facilitating romantic connections, Ribbon is designed to help users build friendships and participate in group activities based on shared interests.
Ribbon plans to raise a Minimum funding of RM250,000 and a Maximum of RM2 million, offering in return between 1.96% equity at minimum funds raised to 13.79% equity at maximum funds raised.
Marketing - 26.9%
- Promote Ribbon and attract new users to increase engagement and grow the user base.
- Increase the value of Ribbon and create new opportunities for monetization.
Application Development - 21.3%
- Develop new features and improve the user experience of Ribbon to attract and retain users
- Stay competitive and grow over time
Infrastructure and Security - 16.6%
- Invest in secure infrastructure and security measures to protect Ribbon from unauthorized access, hacking, or other security threats
- Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of users' data
- Ensure that Ribbon remains available and functional for users
Office Operational Expenses - 16.2%
- Ensure that the Ribbon team has the necessary resources and tools to operate efficiently
- Maintain a comfortable and productive workspace for the team to collaborate and innovate
Talent Expenses - 14.3%
- Attract and retain skilled and experienced employees to ensure Ribbon has the necessary talent to drive its growth and success.
- Ensure that Ribbon continues to improve and provide value to its users.
Regulatory Compliance - 4.7%
- Ensure that Ribbon is following all relevant laws and regulations related to data privacy and security
- Protect users' data and maintain their trust in the app
- Avoid legal and financial consequences for non-compliance
1. Mumu Ngui - Founder & Chief Executive Officer
- Director of Muu Entertainment (Bigo Live)
- Responsible for Ribbon overall operations.
- Delegating and directing agendas, driving profitability, organizational structure, strategy, and communicating with the board.
- Former 17 Live MY BD team leader, Music Youtuber, has a strong network with influencers worldwide, currently working with BIGO and managing over 300 contracted live streamers.
2. Steven Lim - Chief Technical Officer
- Experienced Mobile APP & Website Developer
- Lead technology initiatives for Ribbon, and manage the entire platform including planning APP development, and implementation.
- Harness the best technology available to provide a good experience for Ribbon’s end users.
- Founder of Ezbuddy software enterprise, involved in great projects such as MajuKL 360, Appletea, Anypay, and more.
3. Hii Heng Jiet - VP of Engineering
- Experienced Mobile APP & Lead Software Developer
- Monitor and maintain all systems and networks for Ribbon. Install and configure Ribbon systems, diagnose hardware and software faults, and solve technical and application problems.
- Experienced in software architecture with IAAS such as AWS. Understand the whole technology stack at all levels; from network to software and hardware, and enthusiasm for up-to-date technology standards, industry trends, and emerging technologies.
4. CS Tee - Marketing Director
- Founder of U-TAR Confession
- Responsible for the administrative, operational, and financial support for Ribbon.
- Strong knowledge in internet marketing, managing several social media pages and having over 400,000 followers combined.
1. Eelin See - Ribbon UIUX VP & DJ
- User research, wireframing, prototyping, UI design, interaction design, usability testing, collaborating with developers, and continuously improving the app's design and user experience.
- Creating various design assets such as event posters, banners, and other promotional materials. This includes applying design principles, typography, and visual elements to effectively communicate the brand message and enhance the overall visual appeal of these assets.
2. Johnsom Leong - Malaysia Main Agency
- Director of Walaoeh Agency Sdn Bhd
- Responsible to promote Ribbon in Malaysia, recruiting hosts, provide online & offline training.
- BIGO Live top 4 agency in Malaysia, Food & travel content creator.
3. Purple Chen - Taiwan Main Agency
- Founder of Ditto Marketing
- 200+ potential Taiwan hosts onboard.
- Responsible to promote Ribbon in Taiwan, recruiting hosts, provide online & offline training.
- Ex-GranDen lead of Business & Marketing Strategy, M17 Group Global Expansion Operational Manager, M17 US Head of Operations.
4. Tan An Shi - Singapore Main Agency
- Founder of Pressgem Agency
- One of the Top Singapore Ribbon host
- IG + Xiao Hong Shu Travel & Life Style Blogger
- Successfully gained 3k+ downloads in Ribbon Singapore
Why Invest in Ribbon?
- pitchIN and its officers and staff may also be investing in this campaign
- Under ECF Guidelines, valuation is determined and set by the Issuer. Investors are advised to carefully peruse all investment offers and documents before making investment decisions.
- Equity - OS
- ~ up to 13.79%
- RM 12,500,000
- RM 250,000
- RM 2,000,000