Equity Crowdfunding (ECF)
Read more on
Not an issuer? Go to Investors page
Who Can Raise Capital Through an Equity Crowdfunding (ECF) Platform?
Only locally incorporated businesses are allowed to raise capital from the public via pitchIN and other ECF platforms in Malaysia.
Locally incorporated businesses are defined to these three categories which are:
- Private companies (Sdn Bhd)
- Limited liability partnerships
- Unlisted public companies
Who Can't Raise Capital Through an ECF Platform?
Entities that are prohibited from fundraising through ECF are as follows:
- Exempt private company
- Commercially or financially complex structures (i.e. investment fund companies or financial institutions)
- Public listed companies and their subsidiaries
- Companies with no specific business plan or their business plan is to merge or acquire an unidentified entity (i.e. blind pool)
- Companies other than a micro fund that propose to use the funds raised to provide loans or make investment in other entities
- Any type of entity that is specified by the Securities Commissions (SC) of Malaysia